15 Carpentry Business Advertising Methods
Marketing ideas to grow your leads
Carpentry advertising is critical for attracting leads and growing your business.
That’s why we created this extensive list to help you explore the best advertising strategies for your business, including traditional methods and modern approaches.
Read on to learn which marketing methods work in today’s carpentry industry and make your business successful.
1. Create a professional website.
Creating a stunning website is the first step to building a solid marketing foundation for your carpentry company.
Why do you need a website?
- It serves as a storefront that’s open 24/7 all year. Your website provides information about your carpentry services and makes it easy for prospects to get in touch with you.
- It makes online advertising easier, whether you’re creating email campaigns or sharing blog posts.
- It lets you differentiate your carpentry business from the rest. You can spotlight your competitive advantages, special offers, and five-star ratings to stand out.
- People expect to find your business online. Having a well-designed website means you take your carpenter business seriously.
But you don’t want a bland, slow-loading website that makes people run to your competitors.
Create a high-converting contractor website with these vital elements:
- Intuitive, mobile-responsive design
- Smooth navigation and fast loading times
- Excellent search engine optimization
- Compelling on-brand visual design
- Outstanding user interface (UI) and user experience (UE)
- Attractive and strategically positioned calls-to-action
- Easily accessible contact and location details
- Reliable customer service options
- Engaging copy and informative content
Pro Tip: Test your website layout and design in varying browsers, operating systems, and devices. You want a smooth-loading carpentry site that works well on whatever device your target market uses to access it.
2. Prioritize search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO is the art and science of helping people find you online through relevant search terms in Google and other search engines.
Your goal is to rank for the right keywords and reach the first page of Google.
SEO has three primary aspects:
- Discovering what people search for in the carpentry industry
- Creating optimized, high-quality content that provides valuable answers to these search terms
- Having other sites link back to your well-made content
Successful SEO allows you to expand your online reach and convert leads to loyal customers. Build a solid SEO strategy by:
- Performing keyword research
- Using location-focused keywords
- Writing strong title tags and meta descriptions
- Adding images and videos to your content
- Including internal links
- Creating an overall positive user experience
Pro Tip: Aim for less competitive keywords with lower search results if your website is new. Once you improve your website authority, you can rank more successfully for popular carpentry keywords. Target keywords for any additional services you offer to maximize search rankings.
3. Keep your business listings up-to-date.
Your business should be ahead of the competition in the top listings, including local search directories and search engine-affiliated directories.
Here are the best listings to promote your carpentry company:
- Google Business Profile (GBP)
- The Blue Book
- Bing Places for Business
- Yellow Pages
- Construct Connect
Make it easy for prospects to do business with you by providing complete information, including your website, address, and phone number.
Pro Tip: Push your Google Business Profile higher in local search results by constantly posting photos and blog posts and interacting with customers. This helps Google learn about your business. Optimize your listings with keywords and update them every few months, ensuring all details are accurate.
4. Host online events
Virtual events can effectively promote your carpentry business and generate leads.
Consider these ideas:
- Educational webinars
- Online classes
- Livestreaming on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram
- Online conferences
Pro Tip: Spread the word about your online event by creating a landing page, notifying your email subscribers, posting on social media, and sharing the news with your Facebook groups.
5. Get active on social media
Whether you’re targeting homeowners, small businesses, or construction companies, your target market is likely using social networks.
Here are social media marketing tips to increase your social reach:
Choose suitable social media channels.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest are perfect for carpentry advertising. Build relationships with your audiences by posting regularly and responding to comments.
Set up visually engaging photos, and complete your profile details.
Your business page cover and profile photos should reflect your brand personality. Provide all essential details, including your contact details, company information, and available work hours.
Pro Tip: Study your competitors’ social media marketing content to see what works well. Focus on one or two channels at first. You can expand to other platforms after successfully establishing your brand.
6. Create content that people want.
Post interesting, carpentry-related content to maximize engagement and increase website visits.
Try these engaging content ideas:
- Post quality before-and-after photos of your carpentry projects to demonstrate your excellent craftsmanship.
- Feature a carpentry project you’re currently doing.
- Share how-to videos and article guides explaining your carpentry craft.
- Share behind-the-scene pictures and videos.
- Post a slice-of-life recorded or live video, giving people a glimpse of what you do.
- Do video tours of ongoing or finished projects.
- Share DIY tips from an expert’s point of view.
- Collaborate with other contractors to grow your network through podcasts, video interviews, and blogs.
- Share industry statistics and carpentry trivia to stir interest.
Google Analytics data and SEO tools will help you discover the best topics and keywords your target audiences search for.
Pro Tip: Use the 80/20 rule (80% educational, 20% promotional). People will respond better to your promotional posts if you frequently offer helpful information.
7. Host contests & giveaways
Competitions get the word out about your business and increase engagement.
For example, you can start a contest encouraging people to post theme-based photos or videos.
Your prizes can be service discounts, branded item bundles, or cash.
Pro Tip: Make sure participants follow your social media accounts and other special instructions, like using particular hashtags. But don’t require them to do too much, so they don’t get discouraged from joining.
8. Develop great business relationships.
Building relationships with other businesses can bring value to your carpentry company. For example, some of your connections could hire you when renovating a house, selling a property, or constructing a new building.
Connect with other business owners and professionals who typically need carpentry services, including:
- Property managers and developers
- Carpentry contractors
- Real estate professionals
You can also create strategic alliances with hardware stores and other local suppliers. They will recommend your carpentry business to their customers once you build trust.
9. Explore networking opportunities.
Make contacts and connections by:
- Joining relevant Facebook groups
- Attending trade shows and local neighborhood events
- Joining your local chamber of commerce
Pro Tip: Prepare professional business cards to hand out at every opportunity, whether you’re attending events or casually meeting other business owners. When attending trade shows, offer freebies, coupons, giveaways, and other incentives to attract audiences.
10. Create a robust referral system.
Incentivize people to refer everyone they know to your carpentry company by providing attractive rewards, like special discounts.
Word-of-mouth marketing is a powerful way to gain new customers. People usually trust recommendations from family and friends, so create a solid referral system.
Pro Tip: Offer incentives for referrals not only to customers but to employees as well.
11. Invest in branded uniforms and vehicles.
This is an excellent way to promote your carpentry company while displaying professionalism.
Plus, it reinforces your image as a trustworthy professional.
You can add your logo, company name, brand colors, contact details, and taglines to these items:
- Employee uniforms
- Company vehicles
Make your company stand out with attractive vehicle wraps displaying easy-to-read text and vivid graphics. Your brand will be memorable to passersby and drivers, grabbing the attention of potential customers whether your vehicle is parked or on the move.
12. Reach potential customers with direct mail.
Direct mail is a classic carpentry advertising method that stands the test of time.
This timeless advertising method works because:
- It offers a personal, tangible way to reach customers and provides a sensory experience, significantly influencing buying decisions.
- It lets you easily reach your target demographics.
- It provides an excellent return on investment.
13. Explore paid digital marketing.
When done right, pay-per-click advertising can help you capture quality leads.
If you want to dominate your local carpentry market, Google Ads can be a great option. Try Google Local Services ads, a cheaper, pay-per-lead option, if you have numerous impressive Google Business Profile reviews.
Facebook ads is another outstanding venue to reach your target audiences, whether you’re using sponsored posts or banner advertising.
Pro Tip: Create compelling and well-optimized ad copy that leads to relevant landing pages.
14. Leave thank-you gifts to clients.
Leaving thank-you gifts after successful jobs can help you get repeat business.
Doing so shows that you’re ready to go above and beyond to satisfy your clients.
If you have the budget, try giving away branded items to remind clients about your company.
Choose cost-effective items that fit particular customers, preferably something they enjoy using. You can leave thank-you gifts like:
- Multi-tool keychains
- Scented candles
- Caps and hats
- Hand towels
- Mugs or tumblers
Pro Tip: Include a personalized card with a short, heartfelt message of appreciation. Keep it handwritten for extra points.
15. Ask for online reviews & listen to customers.
Positive online reviews tell prospects that you’re a trustworthy business. Plus, Google rewards you by raising your rankings.
Ask clients for online reviews by including the request in your thank-you note. Or send a follow-up email that expresses your appreciation, asks the client if there’s anything you need to improve on, and includes your review request.
Listen to what your customers say, whether they’re offering suggestions or commenting about issues. These insights can help you be the best in your field.
Pro Tip: Add a link for leaving a review to your follow-up email for a hassle-free experience.
FAQs about carpentry marketing
How do I measure the success of my marketing efforts?
Use key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of your marketing efforts and discover what worked. Depending on your goals, you can track metrics like marketing return on investment, lead conversion rate, cost per lead, and organic traffic.
How do I approach new marketing strategies?
It’s a good idea to test new marketing strategies with small campaigns and evaluate results before moving forward. Focus your spending on effective marketing methods for your carpentry business. It’s crucial to analyze every advertising channel and tool and set clear, measurable goals.
Create successful marketing campaigns to generate leads and sales
With the right carpentry advertising strategies, you can effectively reach your target market and convert leads into sales.
Combine traditional and modern tactics, and study your marketing data to discover what works best for your carpentry business.
Don’t have the time or expertise to manage your company’s marketing? Consider hiring experienced professionals to create your website, develop marketing campaigns, and take your carpentry business to new heights.